Wednesday, November 28, 2007

session two


Well, the saga continues. After painting and fighting with the figure that was initially there, I decided it wasn't working. I was trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. The whole composition and size just wasn't working and I didn't feel good about it anyway. There's nothing worse that starting with something bad and thinking it will work out later. That just never happens. If the start is not confident it will show throughout the whole process up until the end. After painting it over at the end of the night this is what I sketched in. You can see I was more confident in making up this figure. I feel much better about the size of the figure in ratio to the canvas. There is much more potential for spatial elements and exploration. This is part of the process...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my huble personal opinion is that the composition as i see it works well. anyways, you're the creator, it's your process. hope it turned out great! (i don't doubt it!)